Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Anything Goes!"

I often say,  “Life is a Like a Showtune,” usually following some inane comment I just rattled off  similar to, “Hey, Anything Goes!”  My mind is a junkyard of many things, including my nonsensical proverbs courtesy of Rodgers & Hammerstein, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stephen Sondheim, Jonathan Larson, and even Lin Manuel Miranda, just to name(drop) a few.  Some people quote dialogue from movies, literature, television shows, songs, and the Bible,  I am quite sure I have been known to quote from all of the above and then some.  But quoting lyrics from a Showtune? I am going to guess that is left to me and my gay brethren. Oh, sure, I have my Showtune Sistren out there, too, but we are a rare breed.

It seems fitting that my Blog should bear lyrics and content from Showtunes.  And yes, I will capitalize the word “Showtune(s)” until the day I die. It is that important to me. Now I am not sure where this blogging will take me, how consistent I will be, what my topics will be, and whether I will attract any “Jan-Fans.”  Hey – I have coined my first club for groupies!  But it is a process and undertaking which I am eager to pursue, and there really needs to be no definite parameters at this time. The most important thing is that I AM doing it!   So, please join me as I begin my blogging journey.  I do hope you enjoy this adventure as much as I plan to enjoy it! Feel free to comment here and there as we take this verbal trek together. And truly, "Anything Goes!"

**Author's note: I started another blog back in 2009. I revisited it from time to time, but never for posting purposes to you, my adoring public. The above entry is taken from that initial venture -- with a little editing here and there. And now, "On with the Show!"

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Can't wait to see where this goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Candy! It should be a fun adventure, I think. Do you have a Blog that I somehow missed or my old brain forgot? You have an art in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANNOT wait to see the goodies that can come out of the combination of Jan and Showtunes (capitalized). I hope that your blogging journey gives you a creative outlet of writing, joy, a little bit of therapy and insight. I know that I'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited that you've jumped into the blogging pond! Stay tuned for my next post, which will also reference Showtunes - you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete